Southern Cross Quilters is an online quilt group for Australians and New Zealanders and expats of those countries.
Currently hosted at YahooGroups, SCQuilters has existed since 1994 and has about 2200 members.

To join the group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scquilters and read the instructions. Don't forget to tell us your affiliation with Australia or New Zealand and provide us with your location and postcode.

31 August 2013

Virtual Quilt Show: Jennie Richards

Jennie Richards, Plastered Pinwheels

This quilt was made last year (2012) from leftover half-square triangles, which were pieced in 2009 while my left arm was in plaster after being broken. As the plaster went half-way down my fingers, I was a little limited in what I could sew, but these pieces were joined into pinwheel blocks, which, last year, made it into a quilt. Designed in EQ7, quilted on My Lovely New Bernina (14 years old, but it will be My Lovely New Bernina until the day I die).

For more of Jennie's work, see her blog.

No comments: