Southern Cross Quilters is an online quilt group for Australians and New Zealanders and expats of those countries.
Currently hosted at YahooGroups, SCQuilters has existed since 1994 and has about 2200 members.

To join the group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scquilters and read the instructions. Don't forget to tell us your affiliation with Australia or New Zealand and provide us with your location and postcode.

31 August 2013

Virtual Quilt Show: Cara Drew

I am relatively new to patchwork and quilting, having only taken up the craft four years ago. I'm totally hooked and am a prolific maker of tops, which take a considerable time to actually turn into quilts. I'm gradually working my way through my extensive family and friends though.

These are two of my favourite quilts.


Cara Drew, Matrix

Matrix was one of the first quilts I made "unassisted" by a tutor/teacher and is the first one I ever quilted myself, in the ditch.
 

Cara Drew, California Star

The second quilt I call "California Star", because I bought the fabrics while I was on holiday in Monterey, California in 2010. I had it professionally quilted.

No comments: