Southern Cross Quilters is an online quilt group for Australians and New Zealanders and expats of those countries.
Currently hosted at YahooGroups, SCQuilters has existed since 1994 and has about 2200 members.

To join the group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scquilters and read the instructions. Don't forget to tell us your affiliation with Australia or New Zealand and provide us with your location and postcode.

15 September 2013

Virtual Quilt Show: Ngaire Flynn

Playtime Fun (2011-2013)

My local quilt club here in Wellington (Coastal Quilters) NZ had a challenge in 2011, with the bright commercial material in the corners having to be used. I always enjoyed playing ‘pickup sticks’ as a child, so I used that as my inspiration. 

Ngaire Flynn, Playtime Fun
Part way through making it, my machine decided it wanted to go to the machine hospital for a holiday – 3 months later, it was finally fixed, as the ‘sick’ part had to come from Europe, so the quilt missed out on being completed in time!! So I then had more time to complete it and play with the beading and oil pens. I had fun making it. I used my own hand dyed material along with the Challenge material and finally completed it early this year, in time to hang in our clubs 25th Anniversary Exhibition. Size: 25.5 x 28.5 inches

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Ngaire: they almost look like crayons! I love this - nice job.

Fran C said...

love the bright colours in this quilt, lovely Ngaire