Southern Cross Quilters is an online quilt group for Australians and New Zealanders and expats of those countries.
Currently hosted at YahooGroups, SCQuilters has existed since 1994 and has about 2200 members.

To join the group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scquilters and read the instructions. Don't forget to tell us your affiliation with Australia or New Zealand and provide us with your location and postcode.

01 September 2013

Virtual Quilt Show: Janis Sunstrom

Janis Sunstrom, Canola Field

Canola Field
A wall hanging I made from a photo I took on my way to the Yorke Peninsula in Sth Aust.
It was made in a class with the lovely Gloria Loughman.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

Janis - I met Gloria when she was teaching this class up in Yellowknife, North West Territories of Canada in June! She gave me her book and I've been keen to try this technique ever since. Yours is gorgeous! congratulations.

Unknown said...

wow, this is "easy" in that looking at it, there are basically squares and rectangles ... however, the design just leap out at you - impressive that you have done this from a photo!