Southern Cross Quilters is an online quilt group for Australians and New Zealanders and expats of those countries.
Currently hosted at YahooGroups, SCQuilters has existed since 1994 and has about 2200 members.

To join the group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scquilters and read the instructions. Don't forget to tell us your affiliation with Australia or New Zealand and provide us with your location and postcode.

11 September 2013

Virtual Quilt Show: Dorothy Smith, NZ

Dorothy Smith, Starburst
 
There was a discussion on the list last year about making the stars in this quilt. I decided to have a go, and ended up making 12 of them from a heap of fat quarters that I had! I really loved doing that. Then there was the question... what to do with them? This is the result. Hand appliquéd flowers, leaves and stems, stars hand sewn onto background. All the rest machine sewn. My own design. I was really pleased with the result, so entered it into the Quilt show. I got 2nd!

2 comments:

Vireya said...

Wow! That is a beautiful quilt.

Del Soden said...

Hello Dorothy.
Love the quilt. Interesting stars and great appliqué border. Nice to see your still around in scares. Think of you often.
Cheers
Del Soden
Now retired and living in Dubbo.

Dee Allwood-Soden on Facebook.
Used to love our chats on ICQ.
Scares should be SCQers, but it won't let me go back to change it.