Southern Cross Quilters is an online quilt group for Australians and New Zealanders and expats of those countries.
Currently hosted at YahooGroups, SCQuilters has existed since 1994 and has about 2200 members.

To join the group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scquilters and read the instructions. Don't forget to tell us your affiliation with Australia or New Zealand and provide us with your location and postcode.

28 September 2013

Virtual Quilt Show: Bev Beeson

White Birches featured in Quilter's World, October 2010
Bev Beeson, White Birches
It was made for my best friend Donna who lives in Canada. 
I am currently in Canada and brought the quilt over for her.

She loved it.

The quilt features snow laden branches and 3 red cardinals (beautiful birds found in US and Canada).


My second quilt was made as a block of the month from a Patchwork shop in Croydon, Victoria. I cannot remember the name of it but I loved it as it has lots of oriental things on it; fans, kimonos, lanterns, flowers. It incorporated both piecing and sashiko.
Bev Beeson, Block of the month
It was a bit tricky with the piecing - there are six large blocks and each of the 6 blocks has a small red square in the centre (tricky). Borders were also included, making it a 7-month project. It took me a bit longer than that, though!

2 comments:

Lyn (in Kinglake) said...

Bev,
I love the "White Birches" quilt - the colours and contrast are very effective, especially the small touches of red. Beautiful quilt.

Cait said...

Love the birches quilt too - I'm presuming it was your original design? PS I have planted silver birches at our last 3 houses, LOL!