Southern Cross Quilters is an online quilt group for Australians and New Zealanders and expats of those countries.
Currently hosted at YahooGroups, SCQuilters has existed since 1994 and has about 2200 members.

To join the group, go to http://groups.yahoo.com/group/scquilters and read the instructions. Don't forget to tell us your affiliation with Australia or New Zealand and provide us with your location and postcode.

20 August 2013

Virtual Quilt Show: Tina Collins

Tina Collins


This is a medallion quilt that I made in a 6 month class at Steph's Patchwork at Moruya. The quilt was a design from the teacher (sorry, can only remember her first name, Daiva ???). I travelled from Canberra to Moruya one Saturday a month to attend the class. I used fabrics from Heather Bailey's Pop Garden and Bijoux range. This was a bit of departure colour wise for me, but has started me on a whole new path of using bright colours and making more "modern" quilts. The picture shows the quilt hanging at the Bungendore Quilters exhibition last year, in which I won 1st prize in the Viewers Choice section (my first ever prize).
Hope you like it.

No comments: